Monday, January 10, 2005

Fuck Bobby Lee.

I used to watch a lot of MAD TV in my first year of University, I was a huge fan. Then Nicole left, and not long after Alex followed. This past weekend I decided to give it a go.

One word: Horrible.

I watched a couple skits, but had to switch the channel after watching a skit where in Bobby Lee takes on the persona of an inept chinese man whose English is far past bad, and whose mannerism will not be related here out of respect for the physically handicapped and the mentally retarded.

This character, I didn't catch his name, is boardering on racist, but is probably okay in the eyes of the MAD TV producers since Bobby Lee is actually Chinese Korean. In my opinion that's even worse. Way to reinforce and create new and even more degrading stereotypes of the Chinese people! Way to sell out your own culture and own people for your shot at fame! Way to embarass yourself on television!

I realize that the writers on MAD TV are trying to compensate for their loss of the Ms. Swan character, but come on. As this is television, and television is a complete waste of time I really don't have more to say about this. Way to go Bobby Lee, I'm not even Chinese and I want to kick your ass!

7 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your non-racist friend samie says:

Bobby Lee is Korean not Chinese. Way to go.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

Chinese, Korean, Laotian, Vietnamese... all the same to me, y0.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to include Fillipino :p

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha nice edit

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do the worst characters, such as the dreaded "miss swan" always have the biggest following. People suck.

Jonny.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

Hey man. Don't knock Miss Swan. She was a great character! She was almost racist, but not quite there. The repetition of "he looka lika man" and "me tell yew ev-ree-ting" did loose its appeal after being hammered out so many times after so many episodes, but don't tell me you didn't laugh the first time you heard her say it.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was ms. swan for halloween. And I won the costume competition. She is no doubt a great character...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters