Thursday, November 17, 2005

Short note to the readers of my blog.

While I was in the barn today doing my chores I started thinking about my blog. I started to think that I might've offended some of you with my liberal use of the word "Fag". When I say "Fag" I don't mean it as a slight against gays and/or lesbians. I guess you could say that I say "fag" when I really mean "effeminate", but “effeminate” really doesn’t do the trick that “fag” does. For those that are still pissed, I’m sorry.


I’m sorry that you have to be such fags about it.

3 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although it is true that the word "fag" can now be defined underneath various connotations these days, it cannot escape its own original use or reasons behind its use.

But the reason it originally means either a homosexual person or a cigarette is because the word fag is derived from the word faggot(naturally), but in the earlier days this word "fagot" was meant to signify "burning wood."

So of course cigarettes are called fags because of this original meaning, and how they look like a burning log.

But gay people are called fags because homosexual people were tied up and burned alive.

I'm guessing Webster's didn't say anything about that.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

aptly put, but lets not forget to mention the obvious image of dudes who "smoke wood".

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JON: you shouldn't have said the old meaning of fag....you should've known how EB would respond

EEBEE: 'smoke wood'!! you're horrible. *LoL* i love fags.


rgina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters