Friday, October 07, 2005

Foreign Currency

You never think it'll happen to someone you know. They don't have a rubber-wrist band for this and I doubt they ever will. This is more of a cultural affliction, than a bodily one.

Goddamn you. Didn't you know you were beautiful the way you were? Didn't you know? How could you not have known?

Your body, your decision. But you've crossed a marker, something has changed. And worst of all, unecessarily.

I should've known. I would've stopped you, or at the least let you know you didn't need to. I should've known by the nick-name they gave you. I should've done the conversion. I should've known how you saw yourself.

I didn't read the subtext.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

There was a post above this one, but I deleted it because it was spam. I wanted to keep it just so this comment would make sense, so I've copied and pasted it at the bottom.

" Melissa K. W. said...
Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You."

Then it had a whole bunch of links to shit.

I thought it might be true, this woman struggling with financial debt, but then i read her profile

"nope
Industry: Marketing
Location: Tanzania"

It's always interesting to see how spam evolves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters