Friday, January 28, 2005

Dictionaries disappoint.

Friend ( P ) n.
  1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
  3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
  4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
  5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.

What is a friend? In the most basic of senses, a friend is someone who will be there for you in your time of need. A friend is someone who will listen to you, support you, and help you when you ask. A friend will tell it like it is.

But is a friend still a friend if they see you fucking up and continue to support you in your narrow visioned meanderings? A friend is no longer a friend when they'll lie to you and tell you "everything is going to be just fine" when they know that this is not the case. A friend is not someone who be your enabler for your go-nowhere patterns. A friend is not someone who you can tell your secrets to, but in matters of truth you plug your ears. As dramatic as I'm making that sound, it wasn't that bad because it was inevitable.

She changed and I missed it.

She said, "Maybe that's why I've kept my distance from you over the years: you have a complete lack of tact." What is tact? It's throwing stones wrapped in cotton balls. I've thrown many of those in an attempt to get through to her. It isn't that I lack tact, it's that I've run out of patience.

She said, "I can't help but feel sad for you." Whether this was an "in general" comment, I don't know. I would've laughed if it didn't hurt so much to see the severity and extent of her delusion.

I was there for you when you thought you were pregnant. I wanted to be it's father figure.

I was there for you when you left your project at home. I brought it and an apple. You dropped out of school.

I was there for you the first time you wanted to go back to school. You didn't follow through.

I was the one who reconciled the silence the first time we lost touch. It was your birthday. I cared.

I never thought you were a slut, just lost.

I was there for you during the hospital ordeal. I sat there under the uncomfortable glances of the nurses while you were being examined in the next room.

I stayed on the phone, listening to your incessant complaints and near-tear lamentations.

Everything I did I did out of friendship, but I was never your friend. I was just another sucker.


3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a fucking loser - always have, always will be. From the fob youngin' that you are dating now...to the ugly fuckers you have dated in the past. Please never impregnanate anyone. I would hate to think that your awful genetic tendencies could be spread in the already fucked up world that you live in. Peace out.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger n3rd-0 said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the true colours of F.D.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

F.O.B. = filipino on ba-cay-tion. LoL. love that! ;) -->BBB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters