Friday, January 08, 2010

Memories of a Creative Writing Student

I started going through my old posts. Really going through my old posts. I even hopped over to the other blog that I started for a class I took at York with Professor Marcus Boon. I realized that I loved being in school, and that I was good at it. Fuck I'm S-M-R-T. (yes, that was intended to be facetious by leaving out the "A".)

I mean... The Tripartite Soul of Hip-Hop? Someone should really read that...

While reading I started to get a familiar feeling in my nose. Let me tell you about it. It feels like my sinuses are opening up, that I can breathe easier. Then it feels like a nose bleed without all the mess. That's how I explained it in one of my Creative Writing workshops. I said, "When I read something I like it feels like my nose is bleeding." From then on whenever I read something I loved by one of my fellow classmates I'd say, "That's definitely nose bleed material."

I read some of my posts and my nose felt that way. Is it Narcissism? Maybe. Possibly. Do I care? Not in the least. I think I have free license to be a little self-indulgent. I mean, look at all the assholes on twitter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters