Saturday, February 05, 2005

Prose Poetry - I love the smell of melting snow.

It took me 24 years to "get" it. Still, I've always loved that scent that until now I couldn't name. Every year I mistook it for spring, knowing very well that spring was still weeks away. The cool ambient crispness. The softening, bright snow. The sunlight that leaves you blind when you turn to go back inside; these are the secretly obvious ingredients in Nature's most subtle fragrance. Chance of Flurries, forecasted for Tuesday. No, spring is not here. But this olfactive tease promises that it will be soon enough.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it means we're all going to die :( global warming will take us all :(

are you ready?

this dark post has been brought to you by a very VERY exhausted amia :D

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, how can i forget to comment :(

keep it up socs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters